Friday, March 25, 2005

Happy Merry Federal Holiday

Here's something for those of you celebrating a Federal holiday this Sunday (hey, I got a day off!).

This is another example of what happens when you have someone who's not really a songwriter (or a singer, but that sort of goes without saying) but who loves to record and has too little of a social life.

Peter Cottontail

Technical notes: Cutec 4-track cassette recorder, Fender Squire guitar (that I got way overcharged for at Sound O' Music), Vantage Bass, some weird home electric organ my friend Jeff "Mister" Hughes* owned, a snare drum I "borrowed" from the high school band many years before, cheap Radio Shack high-impedance mic.


* Jeff had the voice of an angel - or at least Paul McCartney. Shoulda/coulda/woulda made great records given the right setting. If anyone knows where to find him, let me know.


My social comment of the day: provide more recording equipment to disenchanted/oddball/outcast/misunderstood/undersexed youths of America and maybe there will be fewer school shootings.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about smaller versions for those of us with dial-up? Windows Media encoder is free. A 4MB file could be knocked down to 1MB with pretty good results. Just a suggestion.

11:46 AM  
Blogger senormedia said...

Dial up?
Luddite.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking up Luddite... ...OK.
Nope, I'm not opposed to it. Just poor. Maybe my boss could make a serious push for getting me a raise and rectify the situation. But then again, if I could afford a DSL or cable hook up, I wouldn't have learned such a cool new word. Go figure...

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home