Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cover Me, I'm Goin' In!

Volume Four of the series

From this set, I really like the Lowell George, True West, and Marianne Faithful versions. I even like the Jagger/Bowie duet, but probably more for the campy silliness of the video. The Pretenders cut, of course, is classic. I really hate the Devo - that's a long way from Uncontrollable Urge.

Side One
Van Halen - You're No Good
Lowell George - I Can't Stand The Rain
Devo - Bread and Butter
Manfred Mann - Blinded By The Light
Kenny Vance - Bye Bye Love
Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
Herman Ze German - Wipeout
World Party - All I Really Want To Do
Bananarama - Venus
Richie Cole - Star Trek
Motley Crue - Jailhouse Rock
True West - Lucifer Sam
Tim Ware - Eleanor Rigby
Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary
The Young Nashvillians - Sugar Shack

Side Two

Twisted Sister - Leader Of The Pack
R.E.M. - All I Have To Do Is Dream
The Flying Lizards - Summertime Blues
Jagger and Bowie - Dancing In The Street
BAP - Hang On Sloopy/Wild Thing
The White Animals - Gloria
The Cult - Born To Be Wild
The Embarrassment - Pushin' Too Hard
Steve Fisk - Woodstock
The Pretenders - Stop Your Sobbing
R.E.M. - There She Goes Again
Armored Saint - Saturday Night Special
Lethal Gospel - Why Don't We Do It In The Road

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tim Ware said...

Howdy. I'm Tim Ware whose band is featured in this set, covering "Eleanor Rigby." If you'd like to link to the website for this music, where it can be listed to by all in some playlists there:

http://www.hyperarts.com/mandolin-music/

When we recorded that back in the early 1980s, my goal was to exactly replicate George Martin's string arrangement ... I got pretty close. I played the two mandolin parts.

I also have a Beatles Wiki which is pretty new:

http://www.beatleswiki.com/

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Tim

1:40 PM  
Blogger senormedia said...

Tim - welcome! I think you're officially the first artist to show up on the blog to comment on your inclusion, other than some folks I know personally.

Having the scores available is a very cool idea, as well.

k

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home