Saturday, December 11, 2010

What Are you Waring Today?



I was born in Pennsylvania, but didn't stay around long enough to get anything more than a genetic love of the Steelers. I like to think that if I had grown up there I would have run across Fred and his band, perhaps in some VHF hall. [Oh, and the Waring Blendor? (sic) Named after Fred].

Today's selection comes from a cassette that MCA put out in 1992, which is a reissue of the 1966 album.

Fred Waring His Pennsylvanians - A Caroling We Go

A Caroling We Go

Carol, Brothers, Carol

Away In The Manger, What Child Is This, Come Dear Children

Some Children See Him (Soloist: Jim Wheeler)

Bright, Bright the Holly Berries

Mary's Baby

Be Joyful, Be Merry

Season's Greetings (From A Caroling We Go), Christmas Roundelay

O Listen to the Angels' Song

Angels We Have Heard on High, O Come O Come Emmanuel, Jubilate Deo

It Was A Night of Wonder

King Herod's Black Decree

I Wonder As I Wander

Caroling, Caroling

4 Comments:

Blogger phauer said...

Thank you for posting. My mother had a cassette tape with this album and she played it every year, and each year it became more crackly; but I loved it more and more each year. The carols of Alfred Burt, especially, are one of the reasons I am studying music today.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Ava St. James said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I have been looking for this forever!!! I have been trying to buy this but can't find a mp3 or CD anywhere, only vinyl... Is there any way I can purchase this file? Either way, THANK YOU for posting!!

2:29 PM  
Blogger senormedia said...

Right click and "save as" will download it.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Ava St. James said...

Got it. Thank you!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home