Friday, March 25, 2005

Dee-lish!

I have absolutely no comment that would improve upon the listening experience:

Jim Backus and Friend - Delicious!

Here's the original press release to radio:
Jim Backus, the voice of MaGoo is aided by a fem friend on this zany novelty. It involves a couple getting inebriated over champagne and working into a laughing jag. It's a very amusing item that should pull plenty of jockey play. There's already action on the side in several areas. Flip, "I need a vacation", is also a novelty type.

It apparently made it to #40 on the charts in 1958.

DELICIOUS!
Jim Backus & Friend
Note: Jim is indicated by J, "Friend" by F.

Lots of laughing and Jim's diction gets a little slurred toward the end

F: Ooh we're gonna have fun.
J: Yes.
F: It's a cozy table, isn't it?
J: And champaigne my dear, heh-heh.
F: Mmmmmm delicious, ha-ha
J: You like it? Heh-heh.
F: Mmmmmm delicious, ha-ha!
J: Hee-hee-hee I like it too, heh-heh yes I do like it
F: Mmmmmm delicious.
J: Heh-heh you want some more?
F: Mmmmmm delicious!
J: I knew you'd like it, heh heh ha.
F: Delicious!
J: Have some more...get the waiter and hehheh put on the paper hat...get out the lampshade ha-ha I even like the cork! Waiter, waiter, more! Keep pouring it! Every night's New Year's Eve! Waiter, every night we're gonna do thish, I don't care, loshe the job what are you gonna do scooba dabba doo oh champaign (*hic*)...

Additional details:
The actress on this is Hermione Gingold. The instrumental backing is by Appleknocker and His Group.
Authors: Kaye & Garson
Released By: Jubilee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

twisted and troubling.

_phil

1:42 PM  
Blogger Roy said...

Hi. Love this novelty piece - however, this is a remake of "Champagne Cocktail Party" - originally voiced by one man playing both roles. When I locate my record I will post more label and credit info.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Roy! "Champagne Cocktail" by T.C. Somebody was a cover of "Delicious". Jim's version came first.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home