Monday, April 13, 2009

It's 80 Degrees, But I Still Need Some Covers

Under the Covers Volume Five

Highlights: Polk Salad Annie, with kazoos standing in for the horn section; Killdozer - I Am, I Said (Neil, were he dead, would be turning in his grave); Neil Young - Mr. Soul (I guess covering yourself counts); Erik Lindgren - In A Gadda Da Vida; Brian Briggs - Nervous Breakdown (one of a dozen great tracks on the Troublemakers* compilation album); The Golden Palaminos - Omaha (not enough Moby Grape covers in the world); Dave Edmunds - Girls Talk.

Side One
 Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hanging On
Blue Cheer - Boney Maroney
Heavy Mental - Revolution
The Fools - Do Wah Diddy
The Mumbles - Polk Salad Annie
Aerosmith - Train Kept A Rollin'
The Space Negroes - Friday On My Mind
Killdozer - I Am, I Said
The Bombardiers - ball of Confusion
Degarmo and Key - Wayfaring Stranger
Neil Young - Mr. Soul
Kenny Vance - Some Kind of Wonderful
The White Animals - Brown Eyed Girl
Ike and Tina Turner - With a Little Help From My Friends

Side Two
Roxy Music - In The Midnight Hour
Erik Lindgren - In A Gadda Da Vida
The Sex Pistols - No Fun
Rod Stewart - Pinball Wizard (what the???)
Brian Briggs - Nervous Breakdown
John Mellencamp - Rave On
The Golden Palaminos - Omaha
Dave Edmunds - Girls Talk
Dave Edmunds - Baby I Love You
U2 - All Along The Watchtower
U2 - Helter Skelter (Todd Steed at a Smokin' Dave show: U2 stole this song from Charles Manson. We're stealin' it baaaack.")
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Who Do You Love?
Dwight Yoakum - Little Sister
Dave Edmunds - Da Do Ron Ron
The Partridge Family - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
The Bollock Brothers - Anarchy in the UK

*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home