Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Praise The Lord And Pass The Mp3 Player

A little something in honor of Veterans Day - "Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition: Songs of World Wars I and II." I apologize for the horrible condition of this transfer - this was a last-minute decision for a post, and I'm not sure that there is much I can do about this beat up former-library LP anyway.

(at left, PFC My Pops)









Herbert Stuart - When The Lusitania Went Down 3:00

Morton Harvey - I Didn't Raise My Boy To Be A Soldier 2:58

American Quartet - Let's All Be Americans Now 2:58

Nora Bayes - Over There 2:54

Al Jolson - Hello, Central! Give Me No Man's Land 3:18

Shannon Four, The - There's A Vacant Chair In Every Home Tonight 2:52

Al Jolson - I've Got My Captain Working For Me Now 2:41

Peerless Quartet - My Dream Of The Big Parade 3:25

Spike Jones And His City Slickers - Der Fuehrer's Face 2:37

Betty Bonney - He's 1-A In The Army And He's A-1 In My Heart 3:04

Golden Gate Quartet - Stalin Wasn't Stallin' (A Modern Spiritual) 3:07

Dick Robertson - We Did It Before And We Can Do It Again 2:24

Kenny Baker - I Left My Heart At The Stage Door Canteen 2:38
Dick Robertson - Goodbye, Mama (I'm Off To Yokohama) 2:36

John Long And His Orchestra - No Love, No Nothin' 2:57

Kay Kyser And His Orchestra - Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition 2:31

Helen Forrest - My Guy's Come Back 3:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home