Friday, December 17, 2010

Handel With Care


Here's something older than all of the other Christmas music* on the blog!

(*OK, technically it's not strictly only Christmas music, but it's become almost inextricably-linked with Christmas performances - at least the first part and the famous chorus, anyway).


Great-looking cover art, as well.

Homburg Symphony - Handel's Messiah

Kurt von Baum conducting the Homburg Symphony

Hallelujah

Every Valley Shall Be Exalted

O, Thou That Tellest Good Tidings to Zion

How Beautiful Are The Feet of Them That Preach the Gospel of Peace

Why Do the Nations

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

Comfort Ye, Comfort Ye My People

He Trusted In God

I Know That My Redeemer Liveth

The Trumpet Shall Sound

Amen

1 Comments:

Blogger anomia said...

Hey thanks!; I'm gonna give it a go. I love these less well known productions, they sometimes make up for polish with flair the big ones lose in their quest for perfection.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home