Saturday, March 24, 2012

freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

"Famous passages selected by the editors of Life."

Narrated by Norman P. Bass, this 10" disc gives a nice overview of the war years speeches of Churchill. Given the 10" format, I assume that it was released between 1948 and the mid-50's. (it came into my possession without a sleeve, so no help there).

Of course, it contains Churchill's greatest hits: "Their finest hour", "Blood, tears, toil, and sweat" and "Never in the field of human conflict" but there are others just as stirring.

The War Speeches of Winston Churchill


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have just found one of these records in my mother's home - in pristine condition. I wish I had a machine to play it on. Anyone have any idea as to whether this is a collectible item or its value?

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home