Saturday, March 24, 2012

freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.




"Famous passages selected by the editors of Life."

Narrated by Norman P. Bass, this 10" disc gives a nice overview of the war years speeches of Churchill. Given the 10" format, I assume that it was released between 1948 and the mid-50's. (it came into my possession without a sleeve, so no help there).

Of course, it contains Churchill's greatest hits: "Their finest hour", "Blood, tears, toil, and sweat" and "Never in the field of human conflict" but there are others just as stirring.

The War Speeches of Winston Churchill

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have just found one of these records in my mother's home - in pristine condition. I wish I had a machine to play it on. Anyone have any idea as to whether this is a collectible item or its value?

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also came across this disc and like the previous post, it has no sleeve. Also in great condition. (Toronto) Anyone know the value or any other information? KT

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home