Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It Goes To Eleventh Day of Blogmass




















One of the many albums of its type, I like this one specifically because it belonged to my grandparents, and was a holiday tradition on their Silvertone console stereo. It was originally released in 1958 (I think) and has had a couple of reissues since.

Apparently there is a red vinyl edition, which fuels my OCD.


Robert Rheims - Christmas in Carols (Organ and Chimes)

Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful)
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen/From Every Spire on Christmas Eve
The First Noel/Joy To the World
Deck the Halls/The Christmas Chimes are Pealing
Away in a Manger/I Saw Three Ships
Silent Night
O Little Town of Bethlehem
Good King Wenceslas/Angels we Have Heard on High
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear/O Christmas Tree
We Three Kings of Orient Are/I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
O Holy Night

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found one at Goodwill this year (2013) and almost left it behind. I decided to check the quality of the disc. Lo and behold, it's a red one!

2:15 PM  
Blogger senormedia said...

and now I'm green with jealousy!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Me said...

As a child this was playing on the stereo every Christmas morning when I woke up. I still have it!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home