Thursday, August 07, 2008

Those Famous Tennessee Beaches

Here's another limited-interest post (even more limited interest than usual!).
In the mid-80's WUTK ran a promotion called the Beach Bum Contest, where listeners had to identify a staffer dressed as the title character around campus to be entered into a drawing for a trip to Ft Lauderdale.

Below are some IDs and promos that I produced and that were cut by various station staff. A couple are me, at least one is the renouned Benny Smith, and the last guy sounds like someone who did some other Knoxville radio, but I can't ID him off of the top of my head. I don't know who the other voices are, either, so if you know, please leave a comment.

WUTK Beach Bum Promos

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sally ________ ??

Are you the dude saying "2, count'em 2"? Goofball.

You're right that later guy is familiar. Sounds like Matt Roach, but I have no idea if he ever did radio.

Monkey guts,
SC

12:37 PM  
Blogger senormedia said...

No, "2, count 'em 2" isn't me.

I've got a couple before that.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home