Sunday, December 04, 2011

04 Alexander Goodrich - Organ and Chimes Christmas


Nothing dramatic or experimental here, just what the title says - organ and chimes. We do get away from the church organ and into something a little more pop (a Lowery, perhaps) on Jingle Bells featuring an overdub from what I presume is a real accordion (or something from the organ effects tabs).

We had a couple of these type albums when I was growing up (usually one at home and one at my grandparent's house) and invariably they were what got played late Christmas Eve right before bed time. According to the Sears price tag on my copy, we paid $3.57 for this album.

This one is no better nor worse than any of the (probably) hundreds of similar organ and chimes albums (although the Jingle Bells is starting to grow on me). There are several different versions of this album out there, and a similarly-named one (Organ and Chimes at Christmas) with a different track listing.

A quick google search for Alexander Goodrich turns up no biographical information, leading me to surmise that he was likely someone moonlighting under a pseudonym (probably an keyboardist signed to another label). That's my theory, anyway.

Alexander Goodrich - Organ and Chimes Christmas Favorites

Diplomat Christmas Records XS-1713

1) Joy To The World

2) Hark The Herald Angels Sing

3) Jingle Bells

4) It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

5) Tannenbaum

6) O Holy Night

7) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Side 2

1) O Come All Ye Faithful

2) The First Noel

3) Away In A Manger

4) O Little Town Of Bethlehem

5) Silent Night

6) Auld Lang Syne

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this album playing as we speak for nostalgia reasons. I remember being 4 yrs old next to my parents huge cabinet stereo listening to it all the. Jingle bells was and still is the best one I've heard.

12:13 PM  
Blogger senormedia said...

Glad you're getting pleasure from it!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home