Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Blogmass 2012 Day Five - Wishes Granted







































Here's another of my favorite style of Christmas record - the sponsored album. This time it's the Grants department store chain getting in on the act. There are 8 albums in this annual series that began in 1967. Grants gave good value for the money - 16 tracks. Content-wise, it's mostly the usual suspects, although I'll admit that I had to look up Leslie Uggams. Christmas Chopsticks was new to me, as well.


Grants - A Very Merry Christmas Volume 3

Do You Hear What I Hear - Robert Goulet

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas - Leslie Uggams
Angels We Have Heard On High - Percy Faith and Orchestra
I'll Be Home For Christmas - Johnny Mathis
The Real Meaning of Christmas - Ray Conniff Singers
Three Wise Men, Wise Men Three - Jim Nabors
Christmas Lullaby - Cary Grant
Christmas Chimes - Andre Kostelanetz and his Orchestra
Handel: For Unto Us a Child Is Born from "The Messiah" - Philadelphia Orchestra & Temple University Choir
Christmas Story - Burl Ives
Silver Bells - Mahalia Jackson
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Ed Sullivan Orchestra
Some Children See Him - Diahann Carroll
What Child Is This - Mitch Miller and the Gang
Christmas Chopsticks - Bobby Vinton



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home