Monday, June 09, 2008

Unradio Station IDs

Unradio ran on WUOT-FM for the better part of a decade, bringing all sorts of out-of-the-mainstream music to east Tennessee and parts of Georgia (being simulcast on WUTC-FM in Chattanooga, as well). Here are five station IDs I made one bored overnight while running the board for the show (only one hour per week was actually live by the time that I came aboard - the other 6 hours were prerecorded by the other hosts on 10" reels).

In this first ID, I'm using the distinct "Unradio voice style"
Unradio01

This ID features the guitar stylings of Scott Carpenter, from an album of covers we did over Christmas break in 1985:
Unradio02

I'm not sure if I actually brought my Korg drum machine to the studio with me that night, or if this was an audio track that I had already prepared. It quite possibly could have been just something that I had on a cassette in my car:
Unradio03

This is definitely a pre-existing track - It's a "song"* titled "Scream Beat" that features Phillip Wolff (of Sea 7 States) on guitar and me on everything else. It was recorded after a band practice one night:
Unradio04

This also is definitely a pre-existing track - It's a "song"* titled "Free Scream" that features Phillip Wolff (of Sea 7 States) on guitar and me on everything else. It was recorded after a band practice one night. This one also features the distinct "Unradio voice style', almost to the point of parody:
Unradio05

Imagine that bursting out of your radio at 4 AM right after some ambient Eno has mellowed you out.



*otherwise known as a random improvisation with overdubs

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Wow, thanks for the information!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home