Wednesday, December 24, 2008

See You Next (Good)year

Last post of 2008 brings us a final Goodyear Christmas album. This one is Volume 8, from 1968 of The Great Songs of Christmas. I can specifically remember the exact moment when my Dad came home from work, walked down the hall and into the bedroom, and handed this one to me.

A Marshmallow World by Johnny Mathis is easily my favorite on this disc, and maybe my favorite of the whole series.
1. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams
2. Christmas Waltz - Robert Goulet & Carol Lawrence
3. Here Comes Santa Claus - Ray Conniff Singers
4. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm & I Love Winter Weather - Tony Bennett
5. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Percy Faith
6. A Marshmallow World - Johnny Mathis
7. The Little Drummer Boy - Percy Faith
8. Sleigh Ride - The New Christy Minstrels
9. O Little Town of Bethlehem - Barbra Streisand
10. On Christmas Night All Christians Sing - Anthony Newley
11. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - Sally Ann Howes
12. March of the Kings & Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Robert Merrill 13. Little Jesus, Sweetly Sleep - Anthony Newley
14. Ave Maria - Anna Moffo
15. Mary's Little Boy Child - The Brothers Four
16. What Child Is This? - Tony Bennett
17. Joy to the World - Anna Moffo
18. Silent Night - Barbra Streisand

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home