Sunday, March 27, 2011

Knock knock. Who's there? Beatles!


I love this sort of thing (this sort of thing being knock off albums) and I especially like knock-off Beatles albums. Fairly obviously designed to fool parents trying to buy the latest English sensation for their kid too young to shop for him/herself, they range from execrable to not bad. This one is somewhere in the middle, with the actual Beatles covers being the least interesting.
I especially appreciate the way that they incorporate Beatles suggestions ("whooo", "holding your hand", etc.) into their "original" songs. Apparently this collection of tracks has be
en released under a couple of different band names/album titles, including Billy Pepper & the Pepperpots and The Pop Machine.

Beats!!!! - The Merseyside Sound
Stereo Spectrum Records SDLP-170 (Pickwick International, Inc.)

I Want To Hold Your Hand
This Is What I Mean
Tell Me I'm The One
Joshua
Maybe I Will
I Saw Her Standing There
Seems To Me
Got To get Another Girl
Your Kind Of Love
There I Go


"In Authentiphonic Stereo Process"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home