Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Enoch Light My Fire



Enoch Light is a fascinating fellow, and the founder of one of my favorite record labels - Command - known for its focus on high-fidelity recording techniques, excellent cover art, and somewhat-extravagant LP packaging. Grand Award was another of his labels, albeit more of a budget line.

Light issued a series of "Roaring 20's" LPs in the late 50's, but they experienced a resurgence in popularity in the late 60's and early 70's. This particular version is from 1974, after Grand Award was acquired by ABC - thus, it's billed as an ABC Westminster/Grand Award release. It also had a previous release as GASD-229 (and there are versions with the exact same title with completely different track lists and artwork).



Enoch Light and Charleston City All Stars - Roaring 20's Volume 3 - ABC Westminster/Grand Award WGAS-68005

Yes Sir, That's My Baby
I'm Sitting on Top of the World
That Certain Party
Somebody Stole My Gal
Five Foot Two
I'm Just Wild About Harry

Ma (He's Making Eyes At Me)
If You Knew Susie
I Can't Give You Anything But Love
Hot Lips
Button Up Your Overcoat
Charlie My Boy



























































 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home