Wednesday, April 21, 2010

These Are Places That Are Gone...

I think that this is my first music performance saved for posterity on video, barring a bit of silent Super 8 that my parents shot in 1980. Despite the metalicy of this performance, both Chuck and I became more well-known for our power-pop bands (Who Hit John, in his case, and Sea 7 States and Major Nelson in mine). This particular ensemble rehearsed weekly and played out three times that I can recall: this battle of the bands, a big assembly in the Maryville High School gym, and Caroline Moore's 16th birthday party. This venue is the since-demolished Wilson Chapel at Maryville College (TN).

I believe that we came in second or third in this contest, winning a (Peavey?) high impedance mic (which I think that I still have) and a stand, and maybe something else.


Chuck Tate - guitar
Scott Sherrod - drums
Kevin Crothers - bass



Sorry about the pants.


Part 1 (2 songs)


Part 2 (3rd song)




See, Smootz, this is your failt: this is what happened when you left town.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I will not accept the blame for your black leather pants.

11:54 AM  
Blogger senormedia said...

Sadly, not even leather (nor pleather), but parachute.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home