Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's all jake with me


In 1982 the scruffy little city hosted a World's Fair. That's right, that ketchup packet is the official ketchup of the World's Fair.
Apparently, not everyone was rapturously excited by this upcoming event.
Bruce McCoy penned today's little ditty, and Knoxville legend Terry Hill produced it (I wonder if it was Terry's idea to include a clarinet* solo in a country tune?). The song is the same on both sides (must have been too busy to pen a b-side). I don't recall ever hearing this song on the radio, but I really wasn't listening to country radio at the time, so I don't know what kind of play it got. I have no idea where I got it, but it must have been serviced to non-country stations too, since I only worked in non-country radio.

*or is it a mellow soprano sax?

Bruce McCoy - 1982 Expose











Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home