Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Night Pickin' Party


I'd like to think that every track on here (and in fact the whole album concept) was completely the idea of the artists, but something makes me think that there was probably more than a little label suggestion involved: some of the tracks sound fairly inspired, while a few have that "contractual obligation" feel [any Flatt and Scruggs scholars feel free to chime in if you have more details].

This album is available as part of a two-fer: you can get it at Amazon.

Flatt and Scruggs - Nashville Airplane

Like A Rolling Stone
Folsom Prison Blues
Gentle On My Mind
If I Were A Carpenter
Freida Florentine
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
Catch The Wind
Long Road To Houston
The Times They Are A-Changin'
Universal Soldier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home